Skip to Main Content
Need Research Help?
Need research help? Contact a library staff member to schedule a research consultation. We’ll help you plan your research and ensure that you are using the best information that the library provides.
Have a Question?
|24/7 Chat may connect you with a librarian from another institution.
For a full APA sample paper that will open in Microsoft Word, click on the link below.
Basic Rules of the Reference Page
- The reference list will always begin on a new page, with the section label References centered in bold at the top of the page.
- Order all entries alphabetically by Author's surname, followed by the author's initial(s) separated by periods. Use a comma to separate the initials of one author from the surname of the next author, and separate initials with a single space following the period.
- List up to 20 authors using the surname, initials format in the order listed in the resource. Use an ampersand (&) prior to the final author's name: Author, A. A., & Author, B. B.
- For works with 21 or more authors, list the first 19 author's name, followed by an ellipsis (...) and then the final author's name.
- References written by the same author should be categorized from the earliest source to most recent
- Write the title of journals exactly as written in the journal
- The second line of every source must be indented one-half inch from the left margin
- Known as a hanging indentation
For examples of Reference page entries, see the WCU Library APA Help Guide by CLICKING HERE
Creating an APA Style Reference List - The linked document was created by APA to assist students in creating properly formatted 7th edition APA Style reference list.
American Psychological Association. (2020). Creating an APA style reference list.
Student Consumer Information | BPPE Annual Report & Performance Fact Sheets | BPPE Website | Catalog | Careers With Us
West Coast University © 2023 All Rights Reserved