Skip to Main Content
Have a Question?
|24/7 Chat may connect you with a librarian from another institution.
Student Title Page Guide
Created by the APA, this document provides a quick guide to creating the title page of a student paper. Students should follow instructor's guidance if different from this guide
Title of Paper: Upper and Lowercase Lettering
First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name
- In APA, 7th edition formatting, a running header is not required for student papers. Speak with your instructor about if a running header should be included in your assignment.
- The running head is an abbreviated version of the title of the paper, not to exceed 50 characters including spaces, punctuation, and letters.
- The running head should be in ALL CAPS on the same line of the header as the page number.
- The label "Running head" is not needed.
- The page number in the top right corner
- The title, name, and institution should be placed above the center of the page
- Include an extra double-spaced blank line between the bolded title and author information
Student Consumer Information | BPPE Annual Report & Performance Fact Sheets | BPPE Website | Catalog | Careers With Us
West Coast University © 2023 All Rights Reserved